Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A great example of someone else viewing life through a different lens...

A significant source of frustration for me in the type of creative sharing that appears to be so important to our society currently is the time commitment.  Yesterday's entry, as it may or may not be obvious, was originally drafted and edited in early to mid December.  It was re-discovered a couple of days ago when drafting an entry that hopefully will be published before the end of next week.  The entry published yesterday was re-edited to update its currency, as the primary content remained valuable to share to establish the narrative for "View Life through a Different Lens".  This secondary editing consumed an additional three or more hours on top of the initial drafting and editing.  I can only hope that with practice the process gets quicker...

However, while I am purposely trying not to have perfection be imperative, it is not pleasant when tools that I thought I had configured properly don't appear to work the way they did in the past.  I don't want senseless, or worse, offensive comments that I am required to weed through.  My wife, Cindy, who has a Blogger blog and account and in the past been able to leave comments, posted to the comments of my Facebook link post that she was unable to directly post comments to yesterday's entry.  This is basic functionality that was working.  This is not a demand for blogging functionality perfection, just consistency... Sigh...

Annoyances aside, I will share, however, that I discovered a great example of someone else viewing life through a different lens.  Sorry if you can't leave comments here just now...

As Cindy documented several months ago, we have (re-?)discovered Legos® as a creative outlet.  (A third link...) To some degree, I have become intrigued by Lego® mini-figures.  Early on, we accumulated a number of mini-figures trying to get the mini-figure wearing the chicken suit from Series 9, but many sets come with "participants" or "operators", and these characters further expanded the collection.  I suppose it is the alternative perspective and vicarious participatory aspect that really intrigues me.

The Lego® Mini-Figure Gang

No, we haven't seen "The Lego Movie" yet, but plan to before it leaves the theaters.  Maybe this weekend...

On Monday, an article and slideshow on Today News by Samantha Okazaki documents a photo project by Andrew Whyte of Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom offering a "Legographer" perspective.  I can be succinct in my thoughts this time and will share only one word:  BRILLIANT!

Yes, I know.  That was VERY trite.  I loved the subject matter, had to say something, and sometimes being trite is really the most effective statement.

View life through a different lens...

Cheers!

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site. http://aboutus.lego.com/en-us/legal-notice/fair-play/ 

2 comments:

  1. Testing the comment thing today. It disappeared on the last post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, a few of my friends who are also on Blogspot were unable to comment at all on my blog, despite the fact I had the security settings at their lowest. Finally, I gave up trying to figure it out and set the security higher, to at least eliminate some of the spam file stuff. After making it harder, my friends could post a comment. I agree, inconsistency and things just not working are really annoying!

    ReplyDelete